Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Why do Chinese deny they eat dog meat?

A Chinese person stated on here that they don't eat dogs in China. If that is true, somebody please explain this headline at Weird News from Yahoo:



Odd News

Dog meat off the menu during Beijing OlympicsWhy do Chinese deny they eat dog meat?
Some do, most don't. I'm Chinese and I don't know anyone who eats dog but you have to understand that when Yahoo says that its on the menu, it doesn't mean that ALL Chinese people eat dogs. Steak is on the menu in many restaurants but that doesn't mean all Americans eat steak.
I'm Chinese and I have never eaten a dog nor have I ever considered eating a dog. No one in my family ( I have a huge family ; 100 or so people) has ever eaten a dog either.



It's a minority of people in China that eats dogs. The new generation of chinese, especially, will not eat a dog. Every " bad" thing about China is enlarged. The entire chinese popluation, entire North- Amercain- Chinese, and overseas Chinese have to pay the price of being labelled " dog-eater" because of the choices of a minority of the chinese population in China. Plus, people in other Asian countries eat dogs, why aren't they ever questionned on their choices?Why do Chinese deny they eat dog meat?
They don't.

There are a few sects, a few small groups in just a few places in China that have dog meat on the menu. You are far more likely to find donkey than dog on the menu.



I lived in Central China for 2 years and the only place I found that had dog meat was a small family run restaurant off the beaten path in southern China. It isn't as widespread as foreigners think. Or as popular. most people I met thought the idea of eating dog was disgusting (Chinese people).
Dog bites the man is not news; man bites the dog is news; and man eats dogs is indeed super news but in China it is not news at all because people there consider it normal to do so! And, it is also a common sight there to see several dogs stuffed together in a small basket and carried in bicycles to the market or slaughter house!
sung to the Cats in the Cradle

Cat in the Kettle

Did you ever think when you eat Chinese,

It ain't pork or chicken but a fat siamese

Yet the food tastes great so you don't complain

But that's not chicken in your chicken chow mein

Seems to me I ordered sweet and sour pork

But Garfield's on my fork

He's purring here on my fork



There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon

The place that I eat every day at noon

They can feed you cat and you'll never know

Once they wrap it up in dough, boy,

They fry it real crisp in dough



Chow Lin asks if I wanted more,

As he was dialling up his buddy at the old pet store

I said not today, I lost my appetite,

There's two cats in my belly and they want to fight

I was sucking on a Rolaids and a Tums or two

When I swear I heard it mew, boy

And that is when I knew



There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon

I think I got to stop eating there at noon

They say that it's beef or fish or pork

But it's purring there on my fork

There's a hair ball on my fork
Hmm...I read that report and it didn't seem like China was denying that they ate dog. Rather, they took it off the menu to be sensitive about the issue of eating dog since so many other nations don't eat dogs. So I don't know where the Chinese person you heard that from is getting their information.
That person was incorrect. of course they eat dog in china, AND cats. This is widely known. In fact, some dogs are delicasy there. Now, they do however also keep dogs and cats as pets, and they differentiate strongly between pets and thier food. But they DO, 100%, eat dog in china.
Not all Chinese people eat dog. Do all Americans make possum pie? Are you going to deny that no Americans eat possum? It's the same for dog in China.
Not all Chinese eat dogs and cats, that is a stereotype. Although it does happen, no one I know has ever done it.
Because they are embarrasses that they eat something that other people hold so dear.
They don't deny it ...have you ever been to China? You see it on the streets (dogs %26amp; cats) skinned and boiled etc...
It no dog! It prime rib steak for number one American customer!
not every chineses person has to eat dog and maybe the statment was ment as a joke or to be mean
Maybe because they dont eat dog meat
idk is tht really even true thou???
Depends on where she's from. And not everyone eats it, duuuh!
They eat anything, raw or cooked..............nasty.
becuz... some do.. and some dont..!!!
bcause maybe some of them dont u shouldnt jugde
  • trade in value
  • san diego restaurants
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment