Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Someone has dialled a wrong telephone number and is now giving you an order for a take-away Chinese meal?

Do you take the order and tell them that it will be with them in 30 mins?





Do you tell them that No 64 is off the menu tonight - but 69 is the next best thing?





Do you tell them that they are the 1000th customer and they have won a trip for 10 to Hong Kong for a meal?





Or do you put the phone down?|||"Wong Wumber"|||Would just try and interrupt them and tell them they have got the wrong number. If you just put the 'phone down they are likely to phone back. If you leave the 'phone off it stops other incoming calls you may wish. If you go in to any kind of silly conversation with them, unless you are very sad and have nothing better to do it is just taken up your valuable time.|||We get calls for the drug store and people wanting their prescriptions filled, I always tell them they have the wrong number, but last week some one really got angry with me, why was I picking up the phone it I wasn't the drugstore. There was no reasoning with him, so I just hung up. I hope he got his prescription it was probably something to help him with anger management.|||Wow how spiteful some people are!! Why would you even think to take the order and tell them it would be with them in half an hour? You'd just leave someone waiting? That's low, all they probably did was dial the wrong number! I'm agreeing with Autumn Leaves. On the other hand, if you think someone is prank calling you then do have fun with them. But if it's an innocent mistake, what the hell is the point of acting like a jerk..|||Absolutely take the order.





Our phone number was one digit away from the Catholic priests home number, so we often got their calls.


"Hello. Is Father there?"


I would hand the phone to my "then" husband.


He would have the longest calls, trying to figure out who he was talking to. When he'd ask, "They'd say "It's Eugene', and talk on. By the time they got to baptizing the baby, he had it figured out.


I have talked to Cardinals and Bishops, and I'm not even Catholic.


He used to get so mad at me......I wonder if that's why he left.|||Let them know they dialed the wrong number. Is it fair to the person who actually works there, to get chewed out by a stranger, for not delivering an order, that never actually took place?





Why not help them out a little and just say, "I'm sorry, you have the wrong phone number"|||We have a number similar to a local taxi firm and the Indian restaurant.What a laugh. I tell them all sorts. I live in a market town and i've been rumbled, folk are getting to recognise my voice. Most are laughing when they put the phone down. Some are swearing and a few are totally bemused.|||I can't believe you ask this question.Every now and then when I called my son's house I thought I got the wrong number because he would answer and speak in what I thought was chinese.So I hung up and dialed again.. So to answer your question I would have some fun, I would take the order.|||Take the order - see how ridiculous you can make your stereotypical chinese accent sound before they get suspicious.





Ask them to hold while you have a comedy argument in fake chinese with a friend.





Deliberately mis-hear the address over and over.





Have fun!|||Simply tell them they have the wrong number, and promptly hang up.


Anything else would be just plain wrong, and with some of the people we have out there today, could get you hurt if they take offense at what you say.|||Heather.....LOL LOL, that sounds like so much fun!! I would probably interrupt and say, "This is not the Chinese take out, but it sure sounds really good so I think I might go get some myself". That's really cute. That made my night (and I just might go and get myself some Chinese........................)|||Put him on hold, quickly find a soundboard with the sound of a cat screeching, start taking the order while every now and then hitting a cutting board with a butcher's knife and playing the cat sound.|||Tell them they got through to the Maternity Hospital, and the babies are not allowed to eat


Chinese meals yet.|||Attempt to make it yourself and deliver it = profit.|||Put the phone down after an abrupt " Wrong number".


Peace.|||Tell them 69 is the best item on the menu, and you'll come in 30 minutes or less.|||Tell them it will be with them in 30 mins!!!|||You gotta take the order, tell them it will be with them shortly.|||Say wrong number and hang up.|||I tell them they are the winner of a free meal, second tuesday of next week.|||None of the above: I tell them that they have the wrong number.|||You tell them, "Sorry, you have the wrong number".|||You tell them that the special of the day is Szechuan Kitty.|||"Im sorry sir we have run out of rice and noodles"|||I did that to someone once and they never talked to me again:(|||I run a Chinese take away!|||I just make meowing sounds!|||tell them this is an indian restaurant!|||lol.go figure

No comments:

Post a Comment