Friday, February 24, 2012

When you go to a Chinese restaurant, what do you enjoy ordering?

Do you order off the menu? Or do you go to a Chinese buffet? What do you like to eat??????When you go to a Chinese restaurant, what do you enjoy ordering?
i enjoy crab rangoons or sesame chicken
I lived in China for a year and obviously ate proper Chinese food for the whole time, so I find it really hard to go to Chinese restaurants in the UK now and actually enjoy what they have. All I can do is treat it as a completely different dining experience from that which I knew from China itself - most of the food bears little or no resemblance to the original dishes!



So, instead of trying to recreate the experience, I go for stuff which I never ate in China (like lemon chicken, "seaweed" or prawn toast). As long as I suspend my judgement, I do enjoy dishes which try to recreate Cantonese cuisine but are in reality nothing like it (special fried rice, sweet and sour chicken or the odd dim sum). And I'll admit to loving the Western equivalent of Beijing Duck, which is served in a completely different way from the original but is undeniably delicious in its own right.



And lastly, there is a restaurant near to me which does a surprisingly authentic version of aubergine in black bean sauce which I crave from time to time!When you go to a Chinese restaurant, what do you enjoy ordering?
sometimes i dont order from the menu. i like scallion pancakes (appetizer), string beans with tofu and rice (entree), vegetarian dumplings, and for a drink I like tea in the winter and sweet pearl tapioca iced tea (called jen-ju-nye-cha in Chinese, rhymes with pen-blue-why-star in English (not every Chinese restaurant has it - where I live it's easy to get)) for summer.
We love the buffet , which is fab value for money , with unlimited choice . I adore ribs , hot %26amp; sour soup , shredded duck on pancakes.

On a special occasion , I love a banquet with my friends / family . Some of the Chinese resturants in this city are famous for their high standard and we have our own lovely little Chinatown .
I go to both but off the menue I usually order



Egg fu young

Chicken or pork chow mein

Fried rice of some sort



At a buffet I go for alot of spicy food for some reason

Kung pao

General Chicken

love lots of shrimp



Dang it I am really hungry
Off the menu - Chicken Chop Suey - Egg Rolls - white rice. Hot tea.
I like the buffet for my kids but when I can I like Cashew Chicken and the fried wontons with cream cheese inside (beggar's purses?).
I like egg rolls if they don't have shrimp, vegetable lo mien, chicken fingers and teriaki.
Orange CHicken

Bourbon chicken

pepper chicken

lo mein noodles
Egg rolls...pepper steak... some rice and I've gotta have a fortune cookie...yum.
  • google chrome update
  • vegan cheese
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment