Friday, March 9, 2012

What is This Chinese Dim Sum Dish + Recipe?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the recipe for a dish that's commonly referred to as Glutinous Rice Puff or Fried Glutinous Rice Beef Puff. I don't know the Chinese name of it but it doesn't seem to have a proper American name either. It's a dish made of these fried "puffs" or "balls" of glutinous flour wrapped around a center with beef and some other ingredients I'm unsure of. But does anyone know its Chinese name or the recipe? Thanks. Here are some pictures to help.. pretty low res sorry.



http://www.koipalace.com/menu/dimsum/sal鈥?/a>

http://www.tiansingrestaurant.com/images鈥?/a>|||The two pictures looked like two different dishes rather than two versions of the same one.



Koi Palace's looks like Jeen Dui, also known as a Chinese Donut. But that usually has sweet bean paste inside.



Tiansing Restaurant's looks like Hom Sui Gok which does have meat in it.



Both are deep fried. Here's a link for you to follow: http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.鈥?/a>



Have fun making some!|||check these web they have the recipe: fooddownunder,.com

astray.com/recipes|||It's hard to tell you the pronounciation, but it's called "Hom Sui Gok." I couldn't find a recipe online, but I know I have a book somewhere with one. The filling is usually ground beef, chinese sausage, water-chestnuts, and onions. The outside is a mixture of different flours. Sorry, I couldn't be more specific. If I find that book, I will gladly edit my post.
  • kasich
  • raclette
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment